Lent 2008

'first clean the inside of the cup, so that the outside also may become clean'

One of the things we encourage our community to do at cession, is to consider making a 40 day goal over the Lent period that will aid you in working toward a bigger spiritual growth goal that you have set your self for the year.

This year, my Lent goal is to abstain from overwork.

In order to try and achieve this I have set myself a goal of taking Friday afternoon (from around 4pm) till Saturday Evening bedtime as a 'Sabbath' day. I used to be really great at doing this but in past year or so, my time off has become less and less frequent and often Saturday - my one day off - ends up becoming another work day.

I'm not sure how successful I will be. I am already painfully aware of how busy my schedule looks between now and Easter Sunday, and I am appalling at ensuring I make time for myself (and for Jacob!). But, I am going to try!

(For info on making goals for Lent go to the cessioncommunity website and you will find a Lent preparation pack)

Arohanui

Comments

Popular Posts